This page proposes a selection of national, European and international, institutional and non-institutional websites concerning children in general and, in particular, the protection and promotion of children’s rights .
The websites offer a rich and updated documentation on the rights of the child. They are constantly updated and provide a usually downloadable significant and comprehensive documentation (research reports, projects, videos, etc.).
Additional websites operating in the sector of child policies are listed in the page Websites of interest of this website.
- Italian Independent Authority for Children and Adolescents | https://garanteinfanzia.org/
Established in 2011 (Law 112/2011), the Guarantor Authority is a body that enjoys autonomous powers of organisation and administrative independence and is not subject to hierarchical subordination. It ensures the full implementation and protection of children’s and young people’s rights under the Convention at national level, playing an important role in guiding and raising awareness among political institutions.
- Italian Committee for UNICEF – Onlus | https://unicef.it/
Also known as UNICEF Italia, the Committee, founded in 1974, is an integral part of the global structure of UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund, the subsidiary body of the UN with the mandate to protect and promote the rights of girls, boys and adolescents (aged 0-18) throughout the world, and to contribute to improving their living conditions.
- Italian NGO Group for the Convention of the Rights of the Child | http://gruppocrc.net/#124
Working Group for the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC Group) - Network established in 2000 and currently consisting of 96 stakeholders from third sector (non-profit) associations. The group is organised by Save the Children Italy and is primarily aimed at promoting and protecting the rights of children and adolescents. It produces its own ‘Report’ on the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child in Italy, supplementary to the official report of the Italian Government, to be submitted to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child at the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- Save the Children Italy | https://www.savethechildren.it
Established at the end of 1998 as a non-profit organisation, it began its activities in 1999. Now it stands as an NGO (non-governmental organisation) recognised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It carries out activities and projects aimed at both boys and girls from developing countries and those living in Italy.
European and international Websites
- Amnesty International | https://www.amnesty.org/
An international non-governmental organisation committed to defending human rights. The purpose of Amnesty International is to promote, in an independent and impartial manner, respect for human rights as laid down in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and to prevent specific violations of those rights.
- Child Rights Connect | https://www.childrightsconnect.org/
- Council of Europe: Children rights | https://www.coe.int/en/
Council of Europe section dedicated to the rights of children and young people.
- CRIN (Child Rights International Network) | http://home.crin.org/
CRIN is an international information network supporting the United Nations in the implementation of the International Convention on the Rights of the Child and children’s rights in general. CRIN has more than 1400 member organisations from over 130 countries.
- FRA (European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights): Rights of the child | https://fra.europa.eu/en/theme/rights-child
The Rights of the Child page on the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights website.
- International Institute for the Rights of the Child (Institut international des Droits de l’Enfant, IDE) | https://www.childsrights.org/en/
A Swiss foundation under private law based in Sion, dealing with children’s rights. It conducts activities in Switzerland and abroad. The Institute works to improve the implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- International Social Service (ISS) | https://www.iss-ssi.org/index.php/en/home/
International non-governmental organisation founded in 1924. It provides assistance in resolving international child protection cases.
- Save the Children International | https://www.savethechildren.net/
Created in Great Britain after the First World War, Save the Children International brings together several national non-governmental organisations dedicated to protecting and supporting children and adolescents. The organisation works to foster significant improvements in the way the world treats children and to bring about immediate and lasting changes in their lives.
- Terres des hommes | https://terredeshommes.it/
Founded in 1960 in Lausanne (Switzerland) to defend children’s rights, its mission is to protect children from all forms of violence or abuse and to ensure that every child has the right to health, education and life.
- UN Human Rights: Human Rights Bodies: CRC | https://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/CRC/Pages/CRCIndex.aspx
Page of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child.
- UNICEF | https://www.unicef.org/
Set up by the UN in 1946, at the end of the Second World War, as a temporary organisation to improve the living conditions of children who had been affected by the war. Subsequently, in 1953, the United Nations Children’s Fund, which continues to be referred to as UNICEF, was established to protect and safeguard the rights of children worldwide.
- Unicef office of Research | https://www.unicef-irc.org/
The UNICEF international research centre on childhood and adolescence has been active since 1988 at the Istituto degli Innocenti in Florence.